Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ballband Dishrag




An acutal finished object! And I've even used it since I took the picture. The pattern is from Mason Dixon Knitting. I love this book. My goal is to make everything in it. Eventually. I'm starting small. First the baby kimono sweaters. And now the dishrag.

They said the pattern was really easy. And I wanted to believe them, really I did. But I'm still pretty new at reading patterns. But as I started knitting along, I saw what they mean. It IS a simple pattern. And it knits up really quickly.

I made this one over the weekend. And while that may seem like a long time to a seasoned knitter, you must keep in mind that I have two small children and a husband. And since it was the weekend, they were all home, all the time. It's amazing that I got any knitting done at all! And I even knitted part of this while the children were awake!!

This weekend we moved one of the couches into the playroom. The green couch. It's what I use as a background for my knitting pictures, well that and sometimes the floor. I figure anything looks better than the 70s green couch fabric, right? So my knitting will always look good when compared to the green couch... Eventually I would like to recover the green couch. It really is a comfy couch, though. It was my MILs. Great for sleeping on. And great for sitting and knitting. And now it's in the playroom, so I can sit and knit while the kiddos play.

Back to the dishrag... I've already started another one. Same colors, but reversed. It's looking like a little brick wall. One can never have two many dishrags, especially when one has small children that tend to be sticky after meals...

Not sure what I'm going to make next. I really need/want to get started on the raglan sweaters for the kiddos. Maybe I'll do those next...


ballband dishrag on the green couch

No comments: