Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Gift for a Friend

Not long after we moved to Malmo I signed my kiddos up for classes at The Little Gym. I needed to get out and meet other people. The kiddos needed to meet other kiddos. And one of the first people I met there became one of my first friends here. Knitting brought us together. During one of Tipton's classes I brought out my knitting. She came over and was very excited to see someone knitting - she had just started knitting herself. She told me about a wonderful yarn shop. We've gotten together several times for knitting sessions.

I met her at one of my darkest hours here in Malmo. I was feeling very homesick, missing my friends. And she was so cheerful, so friendly.

When I got the Mason Dixon Knitting book I showed it to her. We ooooh'd and aaaaah'd over all the patterns.

I had enough yarn leftover from the ballband dishrag to knit a second one. So I did, only in reverse colors. So it would look kind of like a brick wall. When I finished I had to show it to my friend. She really liked it. So naturally, I wanted to give it to her. So I did. She was thrilled, said it matches her kitchen. It seems like such a small gift for someone who made such a huge difference in my life here.

It ain't much, but here it is, Lina's Dishrag.

1 comment:

Milli said...

all in all you're just another stitch in the wall


sorry I had to.